What kinds of chocolate does Mendocino Chocolate Company offer?
Do You Offer Curbside Pickup?
- Yes. Call ahead at 707-964-8800 to place an order for pickup at our Fort Bragg store location; when you arrive outside of our store, please call again to let us know you are out front and we will hand-deliver your package to your vehicle.
How Should I Store My Chocolate?
- Chocolate is best kept comfortable—like a person. It should be stored in a cool, dry room at temperatures between 55-68 degrees, avoiding heat, sunlight, moisture, humidity, and ambient odors. At temperatures lower than 55 degrees Fahrenheit, chocolate may collect condensation which can accelerate the appearance of fat bloom. At warmer temperatures than 68 degrees Farenheit, chocolate can soften and lose its beautiful, glossy appearance. Do not refrigerate chocolate, as this can cause sugar bloom on its surface. If you live in a warm area, you can refrigerate chocolate: wrap it in a dry cloth to minimize humidity and odor absorption.
What is Bloom?
- There are two types of “bloom,” an undesirable appearance that is common to chocolate: fat bloom and sugar bloom. Fat bloom is a dull white film that appears on the surface of chocolate. It is most often a result of the chocolate experiencing fluctuating temperatures. Sugar bloom is caused by exposure to moisture, and results in a hard white film upon the surface. Both types of bloom cause a less desirable appearance on the chocolate; however, the chocolate product is still safe to eat.
How Long Will Chocolate Stay Fresh?
- When properly stored, solid milk chocolate will stay fresh for approximately nine months and solid dark chocolate will stay fresh for approximately one year. Our originals are guaranteed to be fresh for at least 31 days from purchase; Truffles, which are more perishable, are guaranteed for 14 days.
Do Mendocino Chocolate Company Chocolates Contain Allergens?
- Dairy: Our chocolate does contains dairy ingredients.
- Gluten: Our chocolate is not made with ingredients that contain gluten ingredients. We process products with and without gluten ingredients on the same machinery in the same factory, and some of our products may contain traces of gluten.
- Nuts: All our products are produced in a facility that uses tree nuts, peanuts, and nut oils. We process items with and without tree nuts, peanuts, and nut oils on the same equipment in the same factory. Trace elements of nut ingredients may be present in any of our products.
- Soy: Our chocolate does contain soy and we also use soy lecithin as an emulsifier.
Are Your Chocolates Vegan?
- At this time we do not offer vegan chocolate options.
Do You Ship Internationally?
- Yes, we are one of the few chocolate companies that ship to a select number of countries, including Canada, central America, South America, and Europe. Please be aware that international shipments may be subject to Customs delays and/or international duties or taxes that are beyond our control. Unfortunately, we can not assume responsibility for any transit delays, damage or spoilage that may result from international delays. In addition, the recipient is responsible for any international duties, taxes, or customs fees that are collected C.O.D. upon delivery. Please take these factors into consideration before placing an order for international shipment.
Do You Make Custom Boxes?
- We can make custom assortments to your specifications. Lead time is generally 2 – 4 weeks, depending on the item. Minimum quantities do apply. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 707-964-8800 for information.
Do You Wholesale Your Products?